Northeastern Baptist College is comprised of diversely talented individuals who are committed to the mission of the institution which is to develop the mind of a scholar, heart of a shepherd, and perseverance of a soldier. We believe that this goal is best lived out and practiced within a community of committed Christ followers. As men and women of Christian integrity, we believe that to grow as true Disciples of Christ we must:
- Pursue godliness and holiness in our personal lives,
- Esteem others higher than self,
- Exercise restraint when our Christian liberty may be a stumbling block to other weaker believers,
- Yield to Biblical instruction and correction,
- Exercise confession and forgiveness,
- Accept responsibility for actions and speech,
- And be teachable.
We recognize that God’s call upon our lives means a daily, intentional abiding with Christ and the active pursuit of being living sacrifices before God, serving and reaching our world around us with the gospel of Christ.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Once a student signs the Student Standards of Conduct and the appropriate enrollment documents, the student is under contract with Northeastern Baptist College. Joining the Northeastern Baptist College student community entails certain rights as well as specific responsibilities with the goal of emulating Christ.
The NEBC student has rights including, but not limited to:
- The right to have access to, and know, the policies to which they are accountable to.
- The right to air student grievances, equal opportunity, due process, and appeal as detailed under the Policies and Procedures and the Student Discipline sections of the Student Rights and Responsibilities, the Student Handbook, and the Academic Catalog.
- The right to confidentiality of student records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as well as the right of the student to access these records as detailed under the Student Records section of the Academic Catalog.
The NEBC student also has responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- The responsibility to act in a manner consistent with the Values of NEBC and the Christian faith, while also obeying all local, state, and federal laws.
- The responsibility to treat others and the property of others with respect.
- The responsibility to read and understand the Academic Catalog, the Student Handbook, and any other relevant official college document.
Student Standards of Conduct
- I understand and embrace the commitment of NEBC to be a distinctively Christian institution, and I commit myself to seek to know and obey Christ and His Word.
- I will prioritize my family over my studies; I will learn and follow the directions in God’s Word concerning my conduct in my family.
- I will maintain involvement in a local church, regularly worshiping and studying God’s Word with a body of believers.
- I will follow the policies of NEBC, and will treat the people and property of this community with respect and courtesy.
- I will tell the truth, and my academic work will be my own.
- Either on or off campus, I will not possess or use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs, I will not misuse prescription drugs, and I will not use tobacco products.
- I will be financially responsible, doing my best to pay my bills and working to support myself as necessary.
- I will keep my mind and body pure, and free from any form of sexual sin, including pornography.
- I will do my best in my academic work to please the Lord, so that I may be “a workman who does not need to be ashamed” (2 Timothy 2:15).
- I will conduct myself as a witness of Jesus, treating people with grace and kindness.